How do I use ESET Remote Administrator to configure client workstations to download virus signature database updates directly from ESET? (4.x)
If you cannot or do not wish to use a local update Mirror server, your clients can receive virus signature updates directly from ESET while still being managed by ESET Remote Administrator.
The advantages of this configuration are your clients receive Virus signature updates as soon as they are released and that your updates are not dependant on your local server. Follow the directions below to set up a direct-download configuration:
- Open ERAC by clicking Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Remote Administrator Console → ESET Remote Administrator Console .
- From ERAC, click Tools → Policy Manager. You’ll see a server icon labeled Server Policy (your server’s name). Click it and then click Edit… on the far right of the Policy Manager window. In the example, the server is named Testserver. This will launch the ESET Configuration Editor.
- Click ESET Smart Security, ESET Nod32 Antivirus → Update module → Profile (My profile) → Setup. Highlight Update server: and ensure Choose automatically is selected from the Value: drop-down menu.
- Highlight Username: and enter your Username (the one you used to download your ESET security products at installation). Click here for more information about your username and password.
- Highlight Password and click Set password:, enter your password twice when prompted.
- Click the Console button to close the Configuration Editor. You will be prompted to save your changes. Click Yes and then OK to exit Policy Manager.
- You have just configured all clients reporting to ESET Remote Administator to update directly from the Internet using your Username and password to authenticate.